Kenneth Pettine has published several articles and papers on orthopedic procedures and stem cell therapy. Through this research, Kenneth has discovered new ways of treating orthopedic injuries and how mesenchymal cells can provide alternatives to traditional surgery. If you’re suffering from hip, knee, shoulder, or back pain, stem cell injections could be a viable option. Look through the articles below, and if you have questions about orthopedic surgery, artificial disc replacement, or stem cell treatment, please contact him today and he will gladly speak with you about all of your options.
1. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Sim, Franklin H.; Beaubout, John W.; Soule, Edward H., “Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis,” Orthopaedics, Vol. 6, No. 10, pp. 1349-1351, 1983.
2. Guyer, Richard D; Pettine, Kenneth; Roh, Jeffrey S.; et al., “Comparison of 2 lumbar total disc replacements: Results of a prospective, randomized, controlled, multicenter Food and Drug Administration trial with 24-month follow-up.” Spine, Vol. 39(12), May 20, 2014.
3. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Kelly, Patrick I.; Chao, Edmund Y.S., “In-Vivo Analysis of External Fixator Pin-Bone Interface.” Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, Vol. 293, pp. 18-27, Aug 1993.
4. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Salib, Richard, “Modified Repair of Spondylolysis by Pedicle Screw, Segmental Wire Fixation and Bone Grafting,” Spine, 1993.
5. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Salib, Richard, “External Electrical Stimulation and Bracing Treatment of Spondylolysis: Case Report.” Spine, 1993.
6. Herzwurm, Paul J.; Walsh, John; Pettine, Kenneth A.; Ebert, Frank R., “Prophylactic Cerclage: A Method of Preventing Femur Fracture in Uncemented Total Hip Arthroplasty,” Orthopedics, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 143-146, February 1992.
7. Pettine, Kenneth A., “Prospective Multi-Center Evaluation of the Wiltse Pedicle Screw Fixation System for Lumbar Fusion.” Orthopedic Transactions, JBJS, 1992.
8. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Salib, Richard, “Prospective Evaluation of the Wiltse Pedicle Screw System,” Orthopedics Today, p. 26, December 1991.
9. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Aamlid, Brian C.; Cabanella, Miguel E., “Elective Total Hip Arthroplasty in Patients Over the Age of Eighty.” Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, Vol. 266, pp. 127-32, May 1991.
10. Drakeford, Michael A.; Pettine, Kenneth A.; Eben F.; Brookshire, L., “Spinal Narcotics for Postoperative Analgesia in Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Prospective Study: JBJS, pp. 424-428, March 1991.
11. Pettine, Kenneth A., “Association of Anabolic Steroids and Avascular Necrosis of Femoral Heads,” American Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 96-98, 1991.
12. Pettine, Kenneth A., “Ingrown Toenail; Non-Surgical Treatment,” lead article in Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine, November 1990.
13. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Stauffer, Richard, “Supracondylar Fractures of the Femur; Long-Term Follow-Up of Nonrigid Internal Fixation,” Contemporary Orthopaedics, pp. 253-261, September 1990.
14. Drakeford, Michael A.; Pettine, Kenneth A., “A Comparative Study of Ultrasound and Arthrograms for Evaluation of Rotator Cuff Pathology.” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, No. 253, pp. 11-123, 1990.
15. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Wedel, Denise J.; Cabanella, Miguel E.; Weeks, Janice L., “The Use of Epidural Bupivacaine Following Total Knee Arthroplasty,” Orthopaedic Review, Vol. 18, No. 8, pp. 894-901, August 1989.
16. Pettine, Kenneth A., “Case Report: Internal Fixation of Four-Part Humeral Fractures,” Contemporary Orthopaedics, pp. 49-54, July 1989.
17. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Cofield, Robert H.; Johnson, Kenneth A., “Ingrown Toenail; Long-Term Results of Surgical Treatment,” Journal of Foot and Ankle, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 130-134, December 1988.
18. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Morrey, Bernard F., “Osteochondral Fracture of the Talus; Long-Term Follow-Up,” JBJS, Vol. 69B, pp. 89-92, January 1987.
19. Pettine, Kenneth A., “A Previously Unreported Cause of Pain after Total Knee Arthroplasty,” Journal of Arthroplasty, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 29-33, March 1986.
20. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Kelly, Patrick I.; Chao, Edmund Y.S.; Huskies, R., “Histologic and Biomechanical Analysis of Unilateral External Fixator Pin-Bone Interface,” 3200 Annular ORS, Orthopaedic Transactions, February 17-20, 1986.
21. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Klassen, Rudolph A., “Osteoid-Osteoma and Osteoblastoma of the Spine,” JBJS, Vol. 68A, pp. 354-361, 1986.
22. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Salib, Richard, “Femoral Diaphyseal Allograft for Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion.” Submitted to JBJS.
23. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Salib, Richard; Akins, William; Wiltse, “Prospective Evaluation of Pedicle Screw Fixation,” Submitted to Spine.
24. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Mohnssen, Carter, “Prospective Evaluation of Spine Surgery Performed at the Loveland Ambulatory Surgery Center,” Submitted to Spine.
25. Coric, Domagoj MD1; Pettine, Kenneth MD2, Sumich, Andrew MD1, Boltes, Margaret O. RN1, “ Prospective Study of Disc Repair with NuQu® Injectable Allogeneic Chondrocytes” Accepted for publication in JNSS 26. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Santomaso, Tyler, Stolz, Kandace, “Percutaneous Intra-Articular Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections to treat Osteoarthritis of the Knee and Hip in Former NFL Athletes” Submitted to American Journal of Sports Medicine
27. Pettine, Kenneth A.; Santomaso, Tyler, “Treatment of Multi-Level Discogenic Low Back Pain with Bone Marrow Concentrate” Submitted to Stem Cells
28. Murphy, Matthew B.; Pettine, Kenneth A.; Sand, Theodore T.; Suzuki, Richard K.; “Percutaneous Injection of Autologous Bone Marrow Concentrate Cells Significantly Reduces Lumbar Discogenic Pain Through 12 Months” Stem Cells, Vol. 33, pp. 146-156, August 20, 2014.29. Pettine, Kenneth A; Murphy, Matthew PhD1; Suzuki, Richard PhD2; Sand, Theodore PhD3, “Results of treating discogenic back pain with bone marrow concentrate at minimum two year follow-up,” Submitted to Spine. 30. Guyer, Richard D.; Pettine, Kenneth A.; Roh, Jeffrey S.; Dimmig, Thomas A.; Coric, Domagoj; McAfee, Paul C.; Ohnmeiss, Donna D., “Five-Year Follow-Up of a Prospective, Randomized Trial Comparing Two Lumbar Total Disc Replacements” Spine, Vol. 41, pp. 3-8, January 2016